So apparently every Wetherspoons in Leeds has a dress code, because nowhere is safe anymore

It’s 2017, just let us have fun already

Wetherspoons is the go to place for pretty much any occasion: social drinks, date night (if you’re a student and have no money lol), you just want a relaxing pint on a sunny day etc. etc. There’s a lot of reasons for this, mainly the fact that it’s so cheap and so easy to get to from pretty much anywhere (there’s literally one on every corner in Leeds), but also because you can wear whatever you want while you’re there. Or so we thought.

Turns out, Wetherspoons has a secret dress code it’s kept hidden from us all these years. And apparently, it’s this: “customers are requested to remain fully clothed throughout their visit, including wearing shoes”. So, not totally strict, but it still kinda ruins the vibe a little bit, in my opinion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWXPOd6A4ut/?tagged=wetherspoons&hl=en

I mean, Wetherspoons was that free zone you could go to when you just wanted some free drinks and a good time. But now we all know there’s a dress code, it suddenly doesn’t seem as fun anymore. It’s a bit like that FWB you’ve been seeing for a while suddenly telling you they’re catching feelings. Sure, you’re still going hook up with them because, well, the sex is great so why not? But it just doesn’t feel the same anymore. There’s strings attached now. There’s rules that can stop you having a good time. And to be honest, if I wanted that I would have just stayed at home and drank, with roommates that will get pissy if the music’s too loud, or there’s too many people over.

But there you go. If you still want to enjoy a cheeky pint with the lads down in Spoons before a night, just remember to wear shoes. And maybe don’t turn up naked.