Everything happening in Leeds this week

Clear your calendars

The nightlife in Leeds is renowned, but what if you don’t want to go clubbing for once? Here’s a guide to all of the other events around Leeds this week that you could visit instead.

Cigarettes After Sex, Brudenell Social Club, Tuesday 22nd

This popular New York ambient-pop band will be playing from 7:30 pm. So, if you’re a big fan, or just nearby, go and hear them play. The doors are open to the public, so on a limited student budget there’s nothing better.

Bongo’s Bingo, Canal Mills, Wednesday 23rd

For those of you who don’t know, (how could you not?), Bongo’s Bingo is a great night playing, you guessed it: bingo, drinking until you drop, prizes, dancing, and generally just a brilliant night out. Regrettably, this week has already sold out, but if you’re determined and fortunate enough, you might be able to find someone selling their ticket on Facebook.

Zoe Lyons: Little Misfit, The Wardrobe, Wednesday 23rd

In the past year alone, Zoe Lyons has made appearances on Live at the Apollo, The John Bishop Show, Just a Minute, and the Channel 4 Comedy Gala – this week she’s in Leeds. From 8:00 to 9:30, the entry price is set at £15.75 , cheaper than most night’s out and a way to forget deadline stress.

Oliver Pinder, Oporto, Wednesday 23rd

After releasing his debut EP last year, Yorkshire-born Oliver Pinder will be in Leeds playing from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm. You may recognise him from stages at the Live at Leeds festival from 2015 and 2016, or even the Leeds University Union, so if you’re interested in watching a rising musician perform, this is your chance.

Jess Glynne, First Direct Arena, Thursday 24th

If this week wasn’t exciting enough, Jess Glynne will be in Leeds performing at the First Direct Arena. The entry price is £25, and it starts at 6:00 pm until 1:00 am. This is something that you definitely do not want to miss. I mean, come on, it’s Jess Glynne.

Distort, O2 Academy, Thursday 24th

If you fancy some alternative, metal and rock music, then hurry down to the O2 Academy so that you don’t miss it. Tickets are just £4.00 and doors open at 11:00 pm. So if you’re looking for a break from the recent festivity, this is the perfect opportunity.

Coca-Cola Christmas Truck visits Leeds, Friday 25th 

For most people living under the yoke of Western capitalism, the festive season doesn’t truly begin until the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck appears on our television screens and in our towns.

This year, the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour will be returning to the UK for the sixth year in a row, and will be arriving in Leeds city centre on Friday 25th November.

The Coca-Cola Christmas Truck will also be in Victoria Gardens in Leeds from 12 midday to 8pm on Thursday 10th December 2015. It’s free and open to everyone, although there may be a queue to have your picture taken.

Magical Lantern Festival, Roundhay Park, Friday 25th

After making a spectacular launch in London last year, this fusion of culture and art is making its debut on Friday. It’s a Christmas themed event, so if you’re in the mood for hot chocolate and some incredible illumination, this festival is definitely where you want to be. There will also be a funfair and an ice rink, alongside a range of international food from various vendors.

Christkindlmarkt – Millennium Square, until the 18th December

The German Christmas market opened its stalls last Friday, but if you still haven’t been down then you definitely should. Tragically, everyone is still recovering from the loss of the beer tent, but with an abundance of chocolate, candyfloss and other confectionary, you’re practically guaranteed to find something that you’ll like. So, if you’re feeling particularly festive, get wrapped up and spend an evening at the market – you may even find a present for the one friend that’s always awkward to buy for.