Leeds Snowriders are putting on a festival at Beaver Works

They’ve invited every other snowsports society in the UK

Leeds Snowriders have invited every snowsports society in the UK to their very own festival.

On the 20th of February, the Snowriders are bringing the Alps to Beaver Works for their 2pm-2am First:Tracks Festival.

During the day they’re setting up a ramp so competitors from around the country can put on their skis to try to win their uni some booze.

The Facebook event refers to the society as “the wildest snowsports society in the Country [The Tab et al, 2015]”, referring to their avalanche victory in our competition last year.

Social Sec Daniel Evans told The Tab: “There’ll also be surprise DJ sets throughout the day and there’ll be a selection of wintersport companies offering bargains to snap up before you next get to the mountains.

“When the sun sets, we’re redefining ‘Apres’ with four rooms of music from 9pm- 2am – and maybe an afterparty. We’re yet to release our full lineup but there’s some huge announcements coming this week.

“What’s more, the main room will have a fully functioning snow cannon, so you really will feel like your raving at Bar 360 in Val Thorens.”

They also promise to bring their crazy Alp traditions to Leeds including their notorious champagne gondola party, where they spray champagne bottles and set off confetti in  packed ski lift.

Society members  and other society groups can get cheaper tickets by emailing [email protected] for more info.

Everyone else can get them here.