Samurai sword found in lost property

Collection of weird weapons and other questionable objects spotted in the uni lost and found box

You might expect students to lose the occasional book, a jumper or at the very worst their phone.

But a samurai sword, a fancy rapier blade and a hammer have all been handed in to the Uni Security Office.

Absent minded students also might want to check out the 23 sets of keys waiting to be collected, not to mention the 3 mobiles and 3 provisional licenses.

Other weird items on the list include some sort of metal flower and an unclaimed diamond ring.

A University spokesperson said: “Details of lost property handed in to the University Security Office on Woodhouse Lane are logged on a Found Property Form. If the owner has not come forward after two months, the finder can claim it. ”

“Items not returned to the owner or claimed by the finder are sent to Wheatfields Hospice and are then sold to raise money for the charity.”

If any of these bizarre objects sound familiar, you should probably head to the University Security Office..