Chase to the Top

A 2nd year’s performance on ITV’s The Chase went down well with the Twitterati

A Leeds University student narrowly missed out on a share of £10,100 on ITV game show ‘The Chase’, but did still manage to single-handedly make the show trend nationwide in the UK.

Minutes after she arrived on screen, History student Anna Rhodes had male admirers falling head over heels.

However, as the pressure mounted and Anna fumbled a few answers, things began to turn sour.

Despite the haters, Anna managed to get through to the show’s final round, as the show’s twitter account jumped for joy at her success in securing a space in the top-ten nationwide trends.

As a Twitter war raged as Anna’s fans (mostly male) tweeted from far and wide to defend her from her critics (mostly female). Even Anna herself couldn’t help getting involved.

Despite valiant efforts, Anna’s team missed out on the £10,100 jackpot by less than twenty seconds. We asked Anna about her time on the show and her unexpected twitter fame:

“I just went on it as a laugh and to fund my shopping addiction – I couldn’t believe the response on twitter. Sorry to live up to the blonde stereotype!”