53 metre inflatable slide coming to Liverpool

Doubt you’ve seen bigger

Europe’s largest inflatable will form part of a five kilometre charity obstacle course at Aintree Racecourse.

On August 29th participants will also have to tackle nine other massive blow up stumbling blocks.

The race is called Gung-Ho! and aims to raise money for Alder Hey’s Children’s Charity and the R Charity, which helps fund Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals.

Wheeeee

The largest obstacle, ‘The Thriller’ slide, is a tremendous 53m long and taller than three double decker buses.

It is the first race of its kind in the UK  and is the brainchild of CBeebies presenter Alex Winters, who will host the race.

The enthusiastic children’s TV personality said: “I’m so excited to be heading up such a fun venture that will put a smile on people’s faces.

“People have seen Wipeout and some of the other obstacle races on TV and this captures the essence of that.

“Make no mistake it’s still a 5k, but not as you know it. It’s seriously fun and I can’t wait to give the obstacles a go.”

Fun in the sun starring Alex Winters

The costly experience comes at a price of £40 per person until July 24 and increases to £45 afterwards until August 21, but what’s that compared to a Saturday at Level?

Liverpool is Gung-Ho!’s first destination as the inflatable course tours England.

Later dates include Newcastle and Windsor’s racecourses in September and spectators can also attend, so tell your mum to bring her sun cream.