Scotland’s dates for leaving lockdown announced

Scotland is expected to move to level 3 on the 26th April

Nicola Sturgeon just announced the roadmap out of Lockdown for Scotland. The areas of Scotland currently under level 4 restrictions, including Glasgow, will move to level 3.

Schools will be back full time after Easter-break, which will be around Mid-April. It is expected that students in further education can return to teaching on campus from the 5th April.

On the 5th April, hairdressers will be allowed to open, and from the 26th April, the travel ban will be lifted, meaning people will be able to enter and leave Glasgow, although international travel will not be achievable until the 17th May.

Gyms and non essential shops will also be open from the 26th April, as well as cafes and pubs. This will be for outdoor service only, until 10pm, and groups up to six from three different households will be allowed. Alcohol will be allowed to be sold, and there will be no requirement to serve food. Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be allowed to open indoors until 8pm, but will not be able to serve alcohol.

The aim is that by the end of June, there will be the lowest level of restrictions across the whole of Scotland.