You’re coming to Glasgow Uni!

What to expect now you’re coming to the best uni in the world

First things first, well fucking done! The all nighters, nail biting and unpredictable bowel movements are finally over and you're officially a UofG fresher!

So hello, greetings, congratulations, welcome, mazel tov bitches. We hope by this point in the day the nausea, relief and endless back patting has subsided and you're just plain old excited now.

Final school exams are without doubt more difficult than the first few years of uni work, so rest assured that today is the most stress you'll have to deal with for the foreseeable future.

'Yeah mum it's great, I'm just at the library a lot.'

You can go back to showering, sleeping and having a semi civil relationship with all of your immediate family members now. Enjoy the last few weeks of free food, washing and accommodation while you can – trust me, you'll miss it.

The prospect of moving to any new city for the next four years is daunting, but Glasgow is one of the most friendly, exciting and beautiful places to live. Whatever your chosen subject, there are thousands of likeminded people to meet and extracurricular things to try out. And don't stress too much about the workload – for the majority of subjects your first year or two doesn't count towards your final degree, so you'll have plenty have time to find your feet and enjoy yourself.

The UK's most Instagrammable campus

The UK's most Instagrammable campus

Freshers' week is MAYHEM. Prepare yourself to cram every emotion, experience and alcoholic beverage into one exhilarating, terrifying and busy week. The best advice we at the Tab Glasgow can give is to go in open minded – the flatmates who seem the weirdest in the first week often end up being your closest friends.

Exhibit A

Exhibit A

Sign up to whatever takes your fancy at the Freshers' Fair – I must have tried 100 societies from wine tasting to trampolining, women's football to the Buckfast appreciation society. You're guaranteed to find your niche somewhere and there's no pressure to carry anything on throughout the year unless it's fun.

Things to look out for in particular are the four student bodies on campus, easily identified by their coloured T shirts and loud, mildly offensive chanting. QMU and GUU are the two students' unions, while GUSA is the sports association and SRC are the students' representative council. Any one of these Freshers' helpers will be happy to welcome, advise and direct you come September!

So helpful

So helpful

However you're imagining Glasgow Uni, it's probably going to be completely different – but get excited. You're one of us now, and everyone's in the same boat at the start. Whether you rock up looking the part or fresh out of a distant all girls' boarding school down South, everyone's secretly shitting themselves. We're all pretty normal (promise) and can't wait to meet you.

Ready for anything

Ready for anything

In the upcoming weeks and months we'll be putting out lots of helpful articles about Glasgow Uni – the best halls, clubs, fashion, food on campus and everything in between.

Keep an eye on The Tab Glasgow page and come and visit us at the Freshers' Fair! We're always on the look out for new writers and we're obviously the best looking and nicest people on campus – so get in touch if you're interested!

Tb

Tb

So a massive welcome and well done from us – here's to the best four years of your life!