Image may contain: Person, Human, Crowd, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Outdoors, Night

The must-see things at this year’s Christmas market

It’s the most wonderful time of year in EX4

It is that time of year: you’ve drawn your Secret Santa victims, Mum and Dad have given you free rein to pick their presents, and you have one or two birthdays coming up. There’s only so much present imagination that a student entering their 10th week of term can conjure up.

Luckily help is at hand. With the arrival of the Christmas market, you do not have to think of the presents yourself: you can merely take a stroll along the Cathedral Green and see your options beautifully laid out for you in an array of fairy-light-dotted cabins.

Here are the best cabins to search for those Secret Santa gifts:

Rubis: Chocolate Wine

Image may contain: Poster, Box

Who wouldn't want the Gift of Indulgence this Christmas?

Two words: Chocolate. Wine. What is not to like?

(And even if there is something not to like, they also offer chocolate vodka).

Cheeseboard

A strange choice, I know. But having received some of their cheese as a Secret Santa in first year (and knowing now how expensive cheese is now that my parents aren’t buying it), I can guarantee that your Secret Santa recipient will not be disappointed.

The Cupcake stall

Image may contain: Food, Dessert, Chocolate, Jar

Here you can have three options:

Single cupcakes to snack on as you browse

A box of cupcakes

Jars of ready-to-bake cake mixtures such as Rocky Road and Cookie Mix: a small jar is only £6.99, or a large jar is £9.99 – well within the Secret Santa budget.

Amazing Chocolate Workshop

Image may contain: Game, Chess, Bowl, Crate, Box

Not an understatement

For that special someone who likes fixing things both physically and with chocolate: choose from items such as watches, pen knives and bottle openers… all made of everybody’s favourite food.

Wildcard: Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallows

Suitable for Vegetarians too – sweet!

Last but not least: this is the first time that I have seen this hut before, but it certainly has earned a place on this shortlist. From amongst these massive chocolate covered marshmallows you can have After Eight, White Chocolate, or Zebra – just to name a few! Perfect for munching by the fire.

The Christmas market will be open until 17th December – plenty of time to choose your gifts!