Quayside institution Cellar Door has reopened

‘The walls don’t sweat anywhere else.’

Get your braids in and your gurn on, Cellar Door is back.

After much speculation, Exeter’s home of grunge is back in business under the new name of “Move”.

The club has been described as “the only space in Exeter to have built a creative community.”

So long to the Cavern nights you spent wishing you were away with its fitter, edgier brother instead.

If you’re in first or second year and haven’t yet experienced this naughty den don’t worry, you’ll find yourself there in the near future no doubt.

Harry Horsfall, an event manager who established Thick As Thieves at Cellar Door, said: “Cellar Door was a space for a creative community, and it’s good to see it reopening its doors.

“Exeter is usually a one way road. We provided people with something different to barging and bravado.

“Name another night that gives out free jam and toast at the end of the night.

“It’s one of a few place’s in Exeter which actually has a respectable sound system.”

Recent Philosophy and Economics grad and Cellar Door super-fan Lucy Clarke said: “The walls don’t sweat anywhere else.” 

“My friend had some action next to the finger bang sign. Its so dark nobody even noticed.”

Third year Lizzie Lewis said: “Its totally worth the walk to the quay. Some of my best nights in Exeter were there.”

“You’re guaranteed to get lost on the way back, though.”

Well at least we can work on our beautifully carved Exeter bottoms during the trek.

Cellar Door regular Niamh O’Dowd said:  “It was really cool because it was the only place that played good music every week, the kind that wasn’t your standard chart songs you’d find in Arena, TP or Mos.”

“It was always  individual.”

Are we Bristol yet?

Well the gates are officially open.

It all kicked off last Tuesday with Manchester-based Paleman headlining the first Nu-tropics opening.

Bangers.

Then Flava D came to town and got us hot and sweaty.

Steamy

Maybe a bit too hot and sweaty…

Let’s hope it sticks around.