Exeter is one of the best cities to live in…if you’re a Lukie?!

St Leonards one of the top 50 cities to live in, says The Sunday Times

noad

After comparing the city to a “mini Bristol” in 2014, the Sunday Times have now listed Exeter as one of the best cities to live in the UK.

Unfortunately, Vic Street isn’t as popular with the national paper as it is with students; instead the focus is placed on St Leonard’s, an area predominantly occupied St Luke’s students.

Forget the streets of London, this is where it’s at

With the average house price being £305,010, the Sunday Times praises the housing area for its “classic homes” and “classy facilities”.

The review says: “In this fast growing city, St Leonard’s remains the place to live if you prefer urban convenience to being near the coast or the countryside.”

Other people are jealous of this view

“In its grid of tree-lined streets, you’ll find large Victorian and Georgian villas, dotted with converted hotels and occasional Grand Designs-style self-builds – many of which fetch seven-figure sums, even though parking is a bugbear. Locals are typically business owners, academics and consultants from the nearby Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital.

“The location is a big draw for families – you’re a few minutes’ walk from St Leonard’s primary, Exeter School and the Maynard. Within 10 minutes, you can be at Waitrose or in the city centre, and it’s 15 minutes to Exeter Central, for London trains. But why leave the suburb at all when it’s foodie central? Squeezed between the polenta-cake cafes on Magdalen Road are Pipers Farm, a butchers (“finest local artisan rubs”) and the puntastic Gibson’s Plaice fishmonger.”

Clearly the writers weren’t about in the St. Luke’s quad at 2.10am on a Bop night.

Forget a London flat, this is what everyone is fighting over