A night at Cavern is the best you’ll have in Exeter

Ain’t nobody got time for chart music

Everyone knows mother knows best… and believe it or not Exeter’s own Cavern is the mother of the underground music scene in the South West.

For 24 years, since Valentines Day in 1991, Cavern has been keeping our ears happy.

These days Exeter’s finest DJs from Beats and Base, Our House, Exit, and more bring to you the best of House, Jungle, Trap, Drum and Bass or whatever you kids listen to these days…. It sometimes even stays open till 3am (shock).

Big names crop up from time to time such as Dusky and plenty of others that when put in capital letters and on a cover photo, everyone knows they’re a big deal.

Especially after the death of The Cellar Door (RIP), Cavern is busier than ever and is self-righteously the vibesiest place to be.

On Wednesday and Friday nights you can escape the crowds full of horrific fancy dress, chinos, VKs and rugby boys grinding on you on an unmovable dance floor at TP.

You can also escape/save yourself from the world of drunk iMessaging/Whatsapp/Facebook addicts as, yes, the underground scene is literally underground here and no 3G will penetrate the walls of Cavern.

No matter how many people are there, the dance floor magically never seems too get too empty or too full, and you can go as crazy as you like as you’ll fit right in with the crowd of people loving life whilst chewing gum like it’s only just been invented and pretending they’re in Leeds.

Drinks are surprisingly cheap especially on vodka mixers and Jagerbombs – they even take card, so no stressing about getting money out at the last minute beforehand.

You can even fulfil your wildest lifelong dreams of crowd surfing…

And getting behind the decks. As long as you’re not a dick about it, obviously.

There’s some fabulous steps outside where you can explain to your friends how you’re a “social smoker” to your heart’s content while meeting plenty of other friendly cool kids.

Whoever’s hosting hires photographers who somehow make everyone look good, and you’ll probably get a likeable new profile picture out of it.

There’s even regular charity nights such as the recent English Disco Lovers, so by going out Cavern you’re actually helping people in need at the same time…it would be rude not to, right?

At the end of a Cavern night, a lot of people aren’t craving food and instead head to unofficial house parties here and there… however if you are in the mood for food then it’s only round the corner from the chippy van by TP.

If you’re really desperate you could always make a break for it and get your hands on a legendary Timepiece burger.

Last but not least you can wear whatever you like: typical uniform is a crop top, choker, something high wasted with ripped knees, or a snapback and skinny jeans for boys.

However you can really wear anything you like… the weirder the better; here it’ll just be classed as extra edge.

Anything goes in a place like this.