Is it too early to start celebrating Christmas?

Though many of us may have had our trusty Christmas Playlist on loop for several weeks already, it seems that a lot us really can’t wait for the festive season to be over and done with

Lucy and Anna, second year History

k

Anna said: “Once Halloween and Bonfire night are all over it’s totally acceptable to start celebrating Christmas.”

Lucy said: “It’s always good to have something to look forward to, especially something as festive as Christmas!”

Imogen, first year English Literature

Imogen believes there’s nothing better than celebrating Christmas early: “since it’s such a brief period of time it’s best to make the most of it.”

“Before you know it it’ll be New Year’s and you’ll have to wait a whole year for the festive season again.”

Lowri, second year French and Spanish

“As I’ve got older I’ve hated Christmas more and more.”

“All this merriment and cheer is really sickening. I can’t wait for it all to be over.”

Jack and Robyn, 2nd year Politics, and History and Spanish

Jack: “Since Uni finishes two weeks before actual Christmas begins, there’s no shame in celebrating as early as November.”

Robyn: “I mean, I’m always up for a bit of tinsel and the odd Christmas cracker but lets save the sentimental family stuff for closer to the time.”

Laura, second year History

“The huge build-up towards Christmas makes is a less enjoyable experience.”

“By the time we get to Christmas Day I’m so sick and tired of it all.”

Calum and Natalie, fourth year International Management and third year Business and Economics

Calum: “As soon as Halloween ends we’re forced to go straight into Christmas way too early.”

Natalie: “The fact that they put Mince Pies out on the shelves in September is sickening.”

Despite his disapproval Calum admits he’s a big fan of the John Lewis advert, though the Sainsbury’s one apparently “totally shits all over it.”

Claire, second year Languages

“Life can be pretty grim this time of year, especially with this shitty weather, sometimes I feel like Christmas is the only thing that gets me through it all.”