Could you design Exeter’s next £30 million building?

Wates Construction don’t fancy building our new £30-mil building – so why don’t you have a crack?

Last summer the Tab reported that the University was planning to take on yet more construction work in the form of a £30 million ‘Living Sciences Institute’.

The University hoped the research centre would bring together academics from a range of different disciplines to find solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems, including food security and creating a sustainable environment.

Unfortunately, due to the failure of the University and the building contractor to reach a mutual agreement on how to proceed, we will not have the pleasure of rising to the sound of heavy-duty drills as of yet.

The joint decision to stop construction plans was made between the University and Wates Construction after the two sides could not agree a way forward that met both the budget and requirements.

However, now the University are looking for a new contractor to design and construct the building and the Tab thinks it could be you.

Fancy having a go at designing a £30 million building that enables the end of global warming? We want you to get your crayons out and send us the funniest designs you can think of, because if we have to deal with the inconvenience of a massive fuck-off construction site we may as well be a part of it.

Here’s one we got sent in by Matt, 22, from London

Send your entries to [email protected] and we’ll pick some of the funniest.