The Tab Reviews: OddFellows’ Meateasy Night

SPOILER ALERT: far too many pictures of delicious food as The Tab visits The Oddfellow’s burger night.

Ever wondered what that quaint-looking pub opposite The Firehouse has to offer? After a Twitter rendezvous, here’s what happened when the The Tab were invited to The OddFellows’ burger night.

Having no idea what the interior looked like, or whether it would be full of locals, we approached with caution – only to find the place was lovely inside.

Charlotte: Safe to say we spent a fair while in the cocktail lounge…

Charlotte: Despite its small exterior, it boasts a cosy downstairs bar/restaurant area with open kitchen and The SpeakEasy Cocktail Lounge upstairs, complete with a cocktail extraordinaire to create any drink of choice from their extensive menu… We popped up after dinner and stayed till closing it was that lovely!

Having been seated by a very friendly waitress we were given their normal menu, the @meateasyexeter burger night menu and most importantly, the cocktail menu, which naturally became the priority.

We went for the ‘Twisted Espresso’, ‘Apricot Sour’, ‘Raspberry Storm’ and ‘Highland Sling’ (all of which we’d never heard of but sounded delicious).

The “Twisted Espresso”

Charlotte: Then we moved on to food. We decided to skip the starter and normal menu, going straight in for the burgers: ‘You’ve Pulled!’, ‘Pineapple Express IV’, ‘Wishbone’ and ‘The BC’, priced at £7.00-£8.00 each.

Imi: We were basically surrounded by food. It was magnificent.

Each burger came with a side salad and ‘whips’, a cross between wedge and chip

Chicken AND bacon: a meat lover’s heaven

Next cocktail order: ‘Corpse Reviver’, ‘Magic 8 Ball’, ‘Side Carriage’ and ‘Vamousse!’ A tough decision, considering they all sounded absolutely delicious.

“Vamousse!” Imi: This is what happened to my sobriety… Those cocktails really go to your head.

Well, if Napoleon can justify it, we definitely can!

Imi: As if all these delicious drinks weren’t enough, next on the menu was dessert. We ordered the ‘Chocolate Brownie & Ice Cream’ and the ‘Eton Mess’. Drunken logic dictates that the unhealthiness of chocolate is neutralised by the Eton Mess description: ‘Crushed meringue, seasonal fruit and cream’ (It’s one of our five a day!)

Mmm…chocolate brownie…

It’s healthy, honest!

However, the highlight of the night was being served by our very own, personal barman:

Dan the absolute babe!

All in all, it’s safe to say that Oddfellows provided us with an excellent evening: friendly staff, a hot barman, delicious food and divine cocktails. What more could you want?