Exeter joins Research Libraries UK

Exeter Uni joins with the big dogs of library research

The University of Exeter is the latest of 33 leading UK and Irish research libraries to join Research Libraries UK.

The University’s excellent reputation continues to grow after joining the Russell Group last year, being ranked in the top 200 universities in the world and being named the Sunday Times University of the Year.

The newly refurbished Forum Library boasts substantial e-resources and collection of over 1.2 million items. Dr David Prosser, Executive Director of RLUK said “the Library at the University of Exeter epitomises the modern research library” and that “we very much look forward to the expertise that Exeter will bring to our discussions around the future of research libraries”.

Exeter University recognises the opportunities the membership will provide for staff, students and researchers in the emerging open scholarship debate.

Head of Library and Culture Services, Jessica Gardner says: “RLUK is a mark of national distinction which recognises the excellence of Exeter’s research profile and the rich cultural collections in the Library’s care. This is the perfect start to the new academic year with students now enjoying the completely refurbished and expanded Forum Library and with student Library Champions helping us spend additional investment on the library resources that matter most to our students.”

Ricky Allan, a third year Human Bioscience student said: “Sounds like it’ll be really useful and that money is going into a good resource.”

So, whether you do humanities, social sciences, science and medicine, the library will have more than ever before to support you in those all-nighter deadline sessions.