Image may contain: Juice, Apparel, Clothing, Drinking, Glass, Drink, Beverage, Human, Person

Forget Storm Dennis, we are blown away by Round One of ECFS 2020 models

Meet the models of the Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show

This year's Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show is fast-approaching with excitement for the event growing by the day. The entirely student-led event will take place on Saturday 14th March and will be held at the National Museum of Scotland.

This year's event is titled 'Welcome to the Twenties', to mark both the turn of the current decade and also taking inspiration from both the 1920s and the Surrealist art movement. It promises to be a fantastic night of catwalk entertainment, art installations, music and innovative design.

The charities ECFS will be raising money for this year are Macmillan, a nationwide charity which provides a range of services to support those suffering with cancer as well as their loved ones, and ItsGood2Give, a Scottish charity supporting young people who are affected by cancer.

To bide your time as you await the big event – for which tickets are still avaiblable and can be purchased following the link below – why not scroll on to meet Round One of this year's ECFS models.

Jaylene Bararia, 3rd Year, Philosophy

Image may contain: Liquor, Beer Glass, Beer, Juice, Goblet, Drinking, Human, Person, Alcohol, Cocktail, Glass, Beverage, Drink

Who is your style icon?

It’s gotta be Zoë Kravitz. She’s so effortlessly chic and I love how she does it with braids most of the time.

What is your favourite thing about being a student at Edi?

I think it’s that I’m always bumping into people I know and having little chats, no matter where in Edinburgh I am. It’s got a small-big city vibe if that makes sense? It’s like uni gives you this community that you know and love, but there’s also a whole other beautiful city removed from it that’s also there to appreciate.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I am OBSESSED with sparkling water. It’s pretty much exclusively all that I drink. Like I’m pretty sure I’ve had 90% of the brands out there and could rank them hahah.

Jade Carlyle, 3rd Year, Biomedical Sciences

Image may contain: Finger, Drinking, Cocktail, Dating, Beer Glass, Alcohol, Beer, Person, Human, Beverage, Drink, Goblet, Glass

Who is your style icon?

Alexa Chung.

Has to be summertime when The Meadows is filled with students having bbqs.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I have a twin brother!

Asia George, 4th Year, Psychology and Business

Image may contain: Dating, Beer Glass, Beer, Juice, Apparel, Clothing, Alcohol, Cocktail, Goblet, Drinking, Human, Person, Beverage, Drink, Glass

Who is your style icon?

Audrey Hepburn.

Having pretty decent views on my walk to uni.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I broke my arm jumping off my bunk bed when I was 5 because I thought I was Spider-Man.

Dimitra Agglou, 4th Year, Reproductive Biology

Image may contain: Alcohol, Cocktail, Glass, Drinking, Beverage, Drink, Person, Human

Who is your style icon?

Jade Tuncdoruk as she has an easy, modern style to follow.

I love the fact that the university is part of the city without strict boundaries and so I can meet both students and locals which allows me to fully experience the culture.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I really want a tattoo but I’m too scared that I will regret it afterwards so I always cancel my appointment.

Edward Esiri-Bloom, 1st Year, Medicine

Image may contain: Glass, Apparel, Clothing, Hair, Person, Human

Can you sum up your style in three words?

Coordinated, urban, loud.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I've taken Grade 8 recorder.

What is your favourite Edinburgh club night?

Mothership.

Holly Smith, 1st Year, Performance Costume

Image may contain: Apparel, Clothing, Alcohol, Beer, Goblet, Drinking, Beverage, Drink, Person, Human, Glass

Arty, Eclectic, Gamine.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I have worked as a camera assistant in the Arctic.

Bongos Tuesdays (Midnight Bass).

Wami Aluko, 4th Year, Philosophy

Image may contain: Wine Glass, Wine, Beer, Beer Glass, Goblet, Person, Human, Cocktail, Alcohol, Beverage, Drink, Glass

Warm, vintage, clean.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I work as a freelance photographer & creative director on the side.

Probably a night at Sneaky Pete’s.

Nina Butterworth, 4th Year, French

Image may contain: Beer Glass, Beer, Alcohol, Goblet, Juice, Drinking, Person, Human, Glass, Drink, Beverage

Completely mood dependent.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I worked as an English teacher on an island called La Réunion in the Indian Ocean for my year abroad last year.

Anything at La Belle Angele’s always a good time.

Tickets for ECFS can be purchased following this link.

Photographer: Amy Witney Scholes @amyiona.photo