The Tedious Trams: testers needed

Edinburgh trams seek testers in the last stage of the tram preparation.

If you’ve lived in Edinburgh for any length of time you’re probably sick of hearing about the eventual tram installation. But after years of talk, Edinburgh Council promises the trams will be open from May.

The trams have been undergoing a variety of tests

They’re currently testing the trams and looking for volunteers to help with crown management at the Murrayfield stop as part of the last test phases of the tram works. Edinburgh hope that testing the crowd control at Murrayfield will be “invaluable preparation” for days when the stadium will see match-day crowds. Edinburgh Council’s transport convener said, “As well as driver training and system testing, this vital pre-launch period gives us an opportunity to test out various scenarios in a controlled manner so that we are as prepared as possible before we embark on tram passenger services in May.”

The trams are put through “scenario testing” as part of the trials

The exercise will involve over 1000 volunteers who will be able to ride the trams. If you fancy a go, email [email protected] before the 10th of March. Who knows, you could be one of the, uh, lucky few!