Paradise Disco to close and ‘head back to Hawaii’

Who goes out on Mondays?

Paradise Disco is closing their doors for the foreseeable future, claiming: “We’re not sure when we’ll be back.” 

The staple of every cool kid’s weekly itinerary played the edgiest tracks in Durham every Monday night. This year, however, Paradise Disco has faced stiff competition from other club nights, including Cheapskates at Loft.

In a statement titled “FAREWELL” the group wrote: “A year has passed since we brought our tropical vibes into Durham’s cold and rainy streets. We’ve seen hula girls, palm trees, cocktail buckets, darts teams, Hawaiian shirts, Hawaiian pizzas, tequila smugglers and even Santa unite under one roof for some of Durham’s craziest nights.

“We want to thank all of those party revellers who came and enjoyed it with us and also to the special people along the way who helped us bring the tropical mecca into life.

For now, we’re closing the doors of Paradise Disco and heading back to our home of Hawaii and we’re not sure when we’ll be back.”

The group was renowned for being the coolest night in Durham, attracting as much shell suits as a 1970s game-show. Yet, the house music night will no longer be just for the coolest cream of Durham society.

Hector Judd, a third year biologist from Collingwood, told The Tab: “Red jumpers, free pitchers and debauchery. You’ll be missed PD.”