LIVE: ‘How can we keep students safe?’ panel discussion
Durham is the only uni to have three student river deaths in 14 months. Community leaders discuss why between 3-5pm today
Leading figures in the debate around the river deaths and student drinking will be taking questions from students in a two-hour Q&A session.
The discussion will take place in the Fonteyn Ballroom from 3pm today. Send us any questions you’d like to see asked.
- Mike Barton – Chief Constable, Durham Constabulary
- Robert Humphreys – Chairman, Best Bar None
- Graham Towl – Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Durham University
- Andy Hughes – Chair, Pubwatch Durham
- Terry Collins – Chair, Durham City Safety Group
- Carol Feenan – Durham City Centre Manager
- Rita King – Local Partnership Manager, Portman Group
Follow our live updates here from 3pm.