Join the Tab!

The Tab Winter Draft is here. We’re looking for writers and editors to join our team.

With over 10,000 readers a day there has never been a better time to join the Tab’s team, we’re on course to have 250,000 readers this month and we’re only getting bigger.

Masses of fun, great opportunities and incredible experience with a strong chance of getting your writing in the national press are just some of the reasons that you don’t want to miss out on joining the team.

If you’re in any doubt check out our 13 Reasons to join The Tab here featuring exclusive internships at Buzzfeed, The Times and The Sun and massive seasonal blowout socials.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 22ND NOVEMBER.

APPLY TO [email protected] CLEARLY MARKING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

What can I apply for?

Deputy Editor

We’re looking for a motivated and organised fresher or second year who feels they would be able to take on significant responsibility and become an integral member of our everyday team.

You’ll be involved in writing, editing, commissioning and producing daily content and managing our social media prescence. A good sense of humour, a way with words and an ability to get things done is essential.

No experience necessary. Must be a fresher or second year.

TabTV Production Editor

We’re looking for a videographer with previous experience to take on the role of filming and editing short features for our famous TabTV team.

You’ll be covering sports and fashion events as well as being involved in filming features such as ‘Student Cribs’ and ‘Tab vs. Food’.

This role has huge potential for those interested in advertising or video production and allows you a great opportunity to expand your portfolio and gain exclusive access to events and areas otherwise off limits. Our previous TabTV editor is now running his own successful production company.

Click on the links to find examples of what you could be doing.

Must be a fresher or second year.

N.B. Do not follow normal application procedure, email [email protected] for further details.

Sports Editor

We’re looking for a writer who loves sport to take on the challenge of covering Durham’s sports scene.

You’ll be involved in writing, editing, commissioning and producing weekly content and building up a team of writers. A general knowledge of sport, an ability to get things done and a sense of humour are crucial.

You’ll be producing big match coverage, live blogs, crossbar challenges as well as bringing your own ideas to the table.

News Editor

Fashion Editor

Features Editor

Opinion Editor

Music Editor

Reviews Editor

Writers

We’re always on the lookout for talented and enthusiastic writers who are keen to get stuck in and write a variety of news, features, fashion and opinion, or just stick to one section. Let us know and we’ll bring you on board, show you the ropes and you’ll be a budding journalist in no time. No experience necessary.

How do I apply?

To apply, submit a short paragraph telling us why you’d be a good pick and answers to the following questions:

• What are your favourite and least favourite things about The Tab?
  • What’s the biggest story happening in Durham right now that we’ve missed on The Tab?
  • Pick a recent article on The Tab and come up with an amusing headline for it.