Alumnus in 7K Collingwood Bar Blowout

WHAT A MAN

blowout collingwood durham lash money

Collingwood struck gold on Saturday night. Forget funding the refurbishment of the JCR (he’s already paid for that); one ex-Durhamite knew exactly how to win the hearts of the new generation: by putting a whopping 7k behind the bar for all to enjoy. As a successful hedge fund manager, Mark Hillary can definitely afford this pricey drinking session. And he enjoyed it too; in fact he even stuck around and joined in on the fun. Despite other colleges getting word of this free pre-lash, it was kept a strictly Collingwood affair, with all livers in and half of livers out attending.

With people ordering two or three trebles at a time, left right and centre; it was no surprise that the booze ran out before the dosh. What was surprising however was the distinct lack of carnage given the volume of alcohol consumed! Welfare were spared, as people thoughtfully chundered in the loos before moving the party onto Academy.

And the best thing is, this is the second time he has done it, (last time it was 10k, but it’s the recession you know). So get emailing those alumni, and maybe suggest they pay your college a visit.