Cardiff University is the top-ranked university in Wales

Cardiff Uni ranked 1st in Wales and 35th place in the UK

Cardiff University has been named the top-ranking university in Wales for the second year in a row.

Alastair McCall, editor of The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, said: “Cardiff has been named the Welsh University of the Year.”

McCall also stated that it is: “one of the ‘go-to’ destinations for students right now with applications booming.

“Enhancements to the university experience through investments in projects like the new £50 million Centre for Student Life will only make it an even more attractive option going forward.”

The university released a statement saying: “We’re delighted to be Wales’s top-ranked university and to be named Welsh University of the Year 2022 by The Times and The Sunday Times #GoodUniGuide.

Well done and thank you to everyone in the #CardiffUni community who has made this possible. Diolch!”

Aberystwyth University was the second highest ranking Welsh university, with the university coming in 38th place in the UK.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• The best independent restaurants in Cardiff to satisfy all your food desires

• Two men have been seriously injured in a stabbing incident in Cardiff city centre

• All Cardiff University staff will receive a £250 ‘thank you’ bonus for their work during the pandemic