Cardiff Fashion Week 2012

Ever wanted to see what goes on behind a fashion photo shoot or runway show? Are you itching to find out how to achieve that top model hair style or make-up artist finish? Well this week is your chance.

This week Cardiff hosts its first ever Fashion week!

Events will take place at various locations around the city, including Mermaid Quay and The Royal Arcade, from the 20th to the 31st giving us a whopping 9 days of fashion-filled fun.

Retailers such as Debenhams, House of Fraser and John Lewis will  be taking part.

Event director, Claire Birt said:

“An official fashion week for Cardiff is long overdue. The city has a phenomenal shopping and fashion product and is listed as the sixth best shopping destination in the UK.”

A selection of the events includes:

Tuesday 23rd October- Boots will be offering many fashion tutorials including ‘Boots Most Stylish’

Thursday 25th October- A chance to meet the designers behind the brand at Joie de Vivre

Friday 26th October- Go behind the scenes of a RedHanded  photoshoot at Mill Lane followed by catwalk evening at Mocka Lounge. Boots tutorial  ‘Boots Hair Styling Master Classes’.

Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th October- The climax of the fashion week, The St David’s Fashion Show spanning over two days.

For more information on Cardiff Fashion Week go to www.visitcfw.co.uk