Image may contain: Apparel, Clothing, Head, Face, Human, Person

WHAT’S ON: Week Three

We know we’re three weeks late ok

Welcome back to the cultural hub of Cambridge! Take a break from beating your head ceaselessly against the windows of the UL and go and do something you can tell your mum about on the phone this week.

BETH

THEATRE

This week’s ADC late is the winner of the Footlights Harry Porter Prize, so it had better be good. The ticketing cover image is a man laid face down in a supermarket aisle, which amuses me greatly – I have pretty much given up on being cultured, at this stage.

Market Magic opens at the ADC at 11pm, Wednesday 15th May, and runs until the 18th.

COMEDY

Irish comedy trio Foil Arms and Hog are at the Corn Exchange! They’re absolutely brilliant with a whip-smart sense of humour and characters galore, including Everyone’s Irish Mam (OISIN!!!) and personifications of the days of the week. Excellent for having a night off and escaping the pseudo-clique that is Cambridge student theatre (we love you really.)

Foil Arms and Hog are at the Corn Exchange on Saturday 18th May, 8:00pm

CRAFT

This week is Mental Health Awareness week, and CUSU and the GU have helpfully put on an art evening – go and craft all that stress away!

Art for Mental Health is 5:30-7:30 at the CUSU lounge, Friday 17th May.

CHLOE

TALKS

This Thursday Deborah Frances-White, host of the podcast The Guilty Feminist, alongside guests Desiree Burch, Jess Fostekew, Heidi Regan and Grace Petrie, is holding a Cambridge instalment of their live show at the Cambridge Corn Exchange! If you haven’t come across their hit podcast yet, what are you doing?

The Guilty Feminist: Live! Is on at the Corn Exchange this Thursday, 7:30pm. You can still buy tickets here.

RELAXATION

This Saturday the Old Vag Club (Cambridge’s funkiest and most feminist theatre company) are holding dance meditation – bring a blindfold and dance to your heart’s content.

Dance Meditation is on this Saturday, 5pm, at the Newnham College Old Labs.

FILM

My FAVOURITE film in the whole world is being put on by St John’s Picturehouse: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Literally the perfect film for exam season – a high school student bunks off school and simply has the bestest day. It’s gorgeous, aesthetic and funny, so bunk off your own revision and join Ferris.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is being shown by St John’s Picturehouse this Sunday, 7pm, for £4.

IULIA

(CHILL) EXERCISE

The Cambridge Graduate Union is holding FREE LGBTQ+ Yoga on Sunday! The session is specifically targeted to provide a safe space, and is generally aimed at those with some experience of yoga.

14:45- 16:15 at the Graduate Union on Sunday!

PUPPY THERAPY!!

It’s the moment we’ve ALL BEEN WAITING FOR… There’s puppy therapy happening at the Union this Friday!! Can’t think of a better way of rounding off the (admittedly non-Cambridge) week! The event is free but there will be collection boxes for the charity, Pets As Therapy. Keep an eye out for the sign up sheet on their Facebook page!

ART

Drink and Draw is back again this Friday at the Museum of Archeology! Glasses of wine are provided, the event’s free, and you don’t have to be Picasso to go. So what are you waiting for??

Drop-in from 18:00- 21:00 on Friday