Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

I used posts from CrushbridgeBot 5000 as pick-up lines on Tinder

And it kind of worked?

Cambridge cambridge dating cambridge students Dating Flirting funny love Students Tinder tinder in cambridge University of Cambridge

Change is on the horizon, and it comes in the form of a computer generated mashup of old Crushbridge posts. The Facebook page, CrushbridgeBot 5000 has appeared rather sneakily and is starting to gain momentum.

But how does it work? Unfortunately, I am a mere woman who does English and therefore cannot understand computer speak, so I will just insert a handy snippet from the 'About' section of the page:

Image may contain: Text

The results are an absolute emotional rollercoaster:

Image may contain: Trademark, LogoImage may contain: Text

In fact, they are so profound, I have decided to test them in the real world. And by the "real world" I mean on my Tinder matches. This is not a tale of girl-meets-boy. It is a tale of girl-embarrasses-herself-on-the-internet-and-scares-some-people-along-the-way-for-the-sake-of-some-low-quality-content. Let the games begin.

I picked a few gems from the page and distributed them to various matches. Quite romantic when you think about it. I'm basically sending love letters. "This is it," I thought, rubbing my hands together with glee, "this is how I get a boyfriend".

A few hours and several un-matches later, I received some replies. The emphasis here is on some. I was mostly ignored. To these people, I hope you see this article and feel a sense of loss, for you have truly missed out on being a part of this immersive art project.

For everyone else, I know you're absolutely desperate to learn from the expert. Watch, learn and imitate:

Image may contain: Page, Text

Matthew's greeting was truly magnificent, and he deserved all the praise I could possibly copy and paste. It's sad, however, to see that I have in fact lost my "Wow" factor. Men are FICKLE.

Image may contain: Word, Page, Text

I don't think we're going to vibe. Let's just leave it here. You clearly don't "get" me.

Image may contain: Page, Text

Yeah I'm cool thanks, just writing this from THE SEA OF CHAOS THAT IS UNI LIFE.

Image may contain: Word, Page, Text

That's because it is.

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Text

My book comes out next month. I wrote it whilst finding myself on my non-existent gap yah. I'll sign it for you if you like.

Image may contain: Word, Page, Text

I'm not really sure what happened here, but this…worked? He carried on the conversation as if my musings on killing him and then drinking his tea that I have never tried were absolutely normal and made perfect sense. What IS up, Stephan?

Image may contain: Word, Page, Text

Another day, another Henry. Have I been rumbled, or have we started composing some obscure poetry together? How romantic.

Image may contain: Page, Text

Haha women are so clingy, am I right? One swipe to the right and they're in love with you…Did I come on too strong? Come to me, my love. We can make this work.

So there you have it. Mildly successful, highly entertaining. You're all invited to the wedding.