EXCLUSIVE: St. John’s May Ball headliner revealed

Sucks to be you if you didn’t get a ticket.

basement jaxx headliner john's may ball johns May Ball tab exclusive

With just one week remaining until the most sought after event of the Cambridge calendar, Basement Jaxx have been announced as the headlining act of the 2016 St John’s May Ball.

See you on the 14th

After rising to popularity in the 90’s, the English electronic music duo have produced a series of hugely successful and refreshingly original party anthems, drawing influence from disco, house, R&B, pop and big-beat. Some of their most notable tunes include What a Difference Your Love Makes, Where’s Your Head At, Red Alert, Romeo and the 2014 summer hit Never Say Never ft. ETML which topped Billboard’s US Dance Club Songs chart.

They’ve also remixed material from, Missy Elliott, Justin Timberlake and Yoko Ono. The duo have gone on to tour with Robbie Williams, perform at Glastonbury (they’ll be appearing at the 2016 festival too), win two BRIT awards for being the Best Dance Act, and receive the inaugural Best Electronic/Dance Album award at the 47th Grammy Awards.

Basement Jaxx will be headlining what is an already exciting line-up for the often-cited “seventh best party in the world”. Indie-pop group COASTS have already been announced as the support act and the DJs taking to the main stage will be: Jigsaw ft. Dynamite MC, Artwork and MJ Cole as the headlining DJ. With Basement Jaxx taking the lead, the May Ball Committee has confirmed that this will be the full professional line-up. Such an impressive range of artists is sure to keep John’s dancing throughout the night.

Would you really rather go to Oxford than St John’s now?

*Featured image credit to Johannes Hjorth*