EXCLUSIVE: Sidney Sussex May Ball HEADLINER ANNOUNCED

The full line-up is now complete.

2016 announcement ball Beyond Cambridge Exclusive headliner line may Music nao revealed sidney sussex Up

NAO will be headlining Sidney Sussex May Ball 2016.

Hackney based Neo Jessica Joshua, better known as NAO, is on the cusp of something huge with her debut album For All We Know set to be released in July 2016.

NAO combines her Jazz-schooled voice with R&B, electronica, soul and funk to create a truly unique genre which she terms ‘Wonky Funk’.

In October 2014, she released her first EP So Good, which reached #4 on the iTunes electronic chart. The title track So Good also made the BBC Radio One national playlist in the UK.

Since then, NAO has played the mother of all music festivals – Glastonbury in 2015 and was a featured vocalist on Disclosure’s Superego from their #1 album.

The 28 year old singer-songwriter achieved third place in the BBC Sound Of 2016 Awards as well being listed on 2016’s Ones to Watch  by Spotify, NME, iTunes, Google Play Music and all the rest.

Her second EP, February 15 (ironically released in May 2015) received a “Best New Music” rating of 8.4 on the alternative magazine, Pitchfork, and a Guardian review describing her as a “twisting, twirling stage presence that could melt icebergs”. The EP features the vibrant, upbeat track Inhale Exhale.

Her upcoming album can be pre-ordered from iTunes here.

NAO completes Sidney’s impressive line-up and looks to be a luminous night in they Beyond. Don’t forget to download the official Sidney Sussex May Ball 2016 on your iPhone or Android to keep up to date with all the going-on of the ball.

Remember to keep checking the Tab Cambridge for more exclusive May Ball updates and announcements.