Robinson reveal May Ball headliners

With only one month to go to Robinson’s May Ball, excitement is building.

2016 Afriquoi announcement ball black honey Cambridge dan shake headliners may May Ball Robinson robinson crusoe

This year’s headliners are Afriquoi, Dan Shake and Black Honey

Robinson’s May Ball theme is ‘Robinson Crusoe’ – synonymous with the 1719 novel in which a castaway spends thirty years on a remote tropical island – and this line-up will certainly take you to an incandescent land.

Afriquoi are a vibrant African dance music act, fusing traditional African sounds with live electronics. The five piece originate from Africa, the Caribbean and the UK, merging a vast wealth of musical experience and culture to create something truly unique.

Dan Shake is a London based young producer. He cites influences from the layered percussive rhythms of Afrobeat pioneers such as Tony Allen and Fela Kuti, the soul-drenched sampling of J Dilla and the  dark, dense grooves laid out by contemporary producers such as Flying Lotus and Motor City Drum Ensemble. Last year, he even launched his own record label; ‘SHAKE’.

Black Honey are a Brighton-based indie band rapidly rising in popularity. The female fronted psychedelic rock four piece supported Catfish and the Bottlemen on tour last month, and have just released their new EP, Headspin.  With related artists including Wolf Alice, Spring King and Swim Deep, the Tab Music are crazy about Black Honey coming to Robinson and have no doubt they’ll cause a storm on their main stage.

Robinson May Ball will for sure be a crowd pleaser with these headliners. Expect never-ending energy and dance the night away as you’re transported to a care-free tropical paradise for one night only.

Remember to keep checking the Tab for more breaking May Ball announcements.