Grandmaster Flash to headline Strawberries & Creem

How do you top the King of Grime? The Godfather of Hip Hop! We didn’t think the line up had room for another huge act. With Skepta, Mungo’s HiFi and […]

How do you top the King of Grime? The Godfather of Hip Hop!

We didn’t think the line up had room for another huge act. With Skepta, Mungo’s HiFi and My Nu Leng all confirmed for Strawberries and Creem festival already, how could they possibly fit anyone else in? Let alone top it?

-Don’t push me, I’m close to the (cam) edge-

Grandmaster Flash is one of Hip Hop’s surviving pioneers. He transformed the way beats were cut and stitched together using duplicate records to isolate the break – the essence of early hip hop. Without Flash, hip-hop as we know it might not exist. He’s kind of a big deal.

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five were also the first ever hip hop act to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame back in 2007 – a momentous moment for the genre. Flash has a catalogue of Grammy’s, Urban Music awards and lifetime achievement gongs to mark a glittering career.

Now the jewel in his crown will no doubt be performing to a mass of drunk Cambridge students. If you want to witness a slice of Cambridge history, we suggest you buy yourself a ticket before they sell out.