Succsex for Sidney as they secure sizeable headliner

Sidney Sussex have released their headliner at their 2014 ‘Light’ themed May Ball.

| UPDATED Afriquoi bbc Gilles Peterson Jazz May Ball Music party Radio 6 sidney Sidney Sussex

Gracing the main stage this year will be the gigantic Gilles Peterson MBE.

The phrase living legend is rarely ever so apt.

Peterson is a world record holder with over 100 compilations to his name, a co-founder of Jazz FM and current staple on BBC Radio 6 Music, Brownswood Recording’s label boss, Worldwide Festival curator, and a DJ of unparalleled pedigree.

Motherfucking MBE

His list of collaborators ranges from Omar, to MJ Cole, from Mala to Jose James. The BBC has written of him, “Joining the dots between soul, hip-hop, house, Afro, Latin, electronica, jazz.”

The President, Ben Day told The Tab: “We cannot wait to welcome Gilles to Sidney Sussex May Ball for what promises to be a mouth-watering set.”

If you enjoyed that check out his exclusive mixtape for The Guardian ‘Summer Sessions’ here.

As seen on our May Ball Blog, sitting alongside Peterson on the setlist are Fatima and the Eglo Live Band, Jon Rust, Horse Meat Disco, Afriquoi, Dios Mio and a lot of light.

The Sidney Sussex Ents committee wowed ticket holders when they unveiled arguably the slickest and most professional website of any may ball thus far. Now there is an app too, available on the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store. Download the Sidney Sussex May Ball ‘Digital Programme’ to get the latest details on the ball and exclusive announcements throughout the night!

If you are ticketless, head down to Sainsbury’s to catch a wiff of his smooth spinning.