Exam Term Bites: The Definitive Selection

Run out of Maltesers? Down right furious with Jacket Potatoes? FIONA NUTTING brings you the low-down on where to grab a revision pitt stop…

Cambridge exam term bites Falafel fiona nutting food froyo mmmmmm nibbles review yoghurt yum

We all know exam term can get busy so I’ve scouted out some great places where you can quickly grab a bite to eat, for those days when there simply aren’t enough hours in the day!

If you’re looking for lunch there are loads of options and I’m not talking about the generic chain coffee stores which line the streets around Market Square. If you look a little bit closer you’ll soon see that your options are far less limited than they may at first seem.

The German Sausage Van

New this year is the German Sausage Van stationed almost every day near Boots. It serves great sausages from Thüringen and if you haven’t tried it before then you need to ask to have one with Curry Ketchup (Currywurst); trust me, it tastes so much better than you think! At £3 – £3.50 they are a good option for lunch.

Aromi

Aromi (on Benet Street) is a popular Italian café, however, the queues can get really long and there is limited seating. I normally pop in here between 11 and 11:30 to pick up a slice of pizza or a focaccia to take away.

Not just a pretty bread…

The Falafel Van

For the vegetarians among you then there is an excellent option just around the corner. The falafel van is stationed opposite FatFace on most days and serves a variety of excellent falafel-filled wraps with fresh salad and delicious dressings. My favourite is probably the Garden wrap and I can also recommend the Four Seasons if you’re in the mood for something a little sweeter.

Cambridge Cheese Shop

Located on All Saints Passage which runs between Trinity Street and Bridge Street is the Cambridge Cheese Shop. This incredible deli sells so much more than just cheese, including their fantastic pork pies and scotch eggs. Pop in here to pick up a really tasty lunch.

Chill

My final recommendation is for a time when you need a bit of a treat. As we head into the summer months, Chill is going to become an increasingly popular spot, especially as it is the only place that sells froyo in Cambridge. You can find it round the corner from Sainsbury’s on Green Street. This sweet (and healthy!) treat is perfect on a sunny afternoon. They also do breakfast pots containing froyo and granola along with fresh fruit –a great way to fuel a day of revision!

Lost in Durkheim? Lose yourself in yoghurt instead…

So there you have it, all the food you could possibly want to fuel your revision!