ArcSoc: Best dressed

SIMI SANDHU picks out the best costumes from ArcSoc’s Voluptuosus.

ArcSoc Best Dressed Bubble Wrap caberet fashion glitter pom poms Simi Sandhu volutuoso

On Friday, the Cambridge Union descended into pure hedonism with the return of Arcsoc’s Cabaret. With high expectations from last year, the theme was set as ‘Voluptuosus’, bringing out the flesh, curves and wacky costumes of all who attended. Arcsoc turns every student into architects of fashion, abandoning minimal design for an ethos of more, more, more.  From nipple tassles and corsets, to fluffy headpieces and pvc, the Tab fashion team was more than impressed with all of your efforts.

IMG_7541_Fotor

Bobbles are back! This achingly cool combination of comfy slippers with an arts and crafts classic channels brands such as Fashion East, whose SS14 LFW collection was full of fluffy toys and animal ears.

IMG_7540_Fotor

This nautical jelly-fish inspired headpiece combines practicality and creativity- let it rain!

IMG_7558_Fotor

Tropic thunder! Brazilian icon Carmen Miranda is channelled with a fruit basket headpiece and fabulously garish sunglasses.

IMG_7576_Fotor

Sleek and chic : the week’s best dressed goes to this futuristic combination of costume make-up and accessories.

tab fashion

I moustache you a question, but i’m shaving it for later: this couple spice up their outfits with simple but effective face paint. We love the harness bralet and gold chain.

IMG_7581_Fotor_Fotor

A+ for creativity and style! This dress and headpiece combo was all handmade.

tab new 1

Bubble wrap heaven: We love this assortment of bubble wrap and gothic make-up.

IMG_7577_Fotor_FotorIMG_7562_FotorIMG_7564_Fotor

What a bird!