The Cat’s Out of the Bag: Selwyn Snowball 2013

The theme of this year’s Selwyn Snowball will be Le Chat Noir, the Tab can exclusively reveal.

2010 2011 2012 2013 Cambridge hannah graham Hudson Taylor Le chat Noir Selwyn Snowball The Jive Aces titanic

The Tab can confirm that the theme of Selwyn Snowball 2013 wil be Le Chat Noir.

Le Chat Noir was the first of the modern cabarets – although it is perhaps more famous for lending its name to the poster sold everywhere in France – so ball-goers can expect a variety of cabaret-style entertainment at Selwyn this year.

Famous, apparently.

One enthusiastic second year student at Johns commented, “After Denim and Burlesque earlier this year, it’ll be a good chance to say Bonjour to the theme of cabaret”.

Other students are less impressed. A Catz Mathmo asked “genuinely who picked that theme…  I’ve been to Paris quite a few times and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it [the poster].”

The Tab can also reveal that Headline acts include the Irish folk-pop duo Hudson Taylor and the UK’s number 1 jive and swing band, the Jive Aces.

The Snowball, which in the past has played host to bands including Mumford and Sons and The Who, will also feature performances from up-and-coming pop quintet Amber, who have just been signed to the Sony record label, and Cambridge favourite the CU show choir.

For more information about Selwyn Snowball, and to book tickets, visit www.selwynsnowball.co.uk .

That’s an address you’ll want to type very carefully.

Trust us.