Russell Howard to Headline Howler

Russell Howard, from off of the telly, will be headlining the Wolfson Howler tomorrow evening, The Tab can exclusively reveal.

John Robbins Ken Cheng Mark Liu Milton Jones Russell Howard russell howard's good news The Howler Tim Key wonderbox

The Tab can exclusively announce that Russell Howard will be making an appearance at tomorrow evening’s Wolfson Howler.

The Howler, once described by The Tab as “a nice balance between the new, the slightly older, the dropped-out and the big-fucking-name”,  has managed to keep the headline act a secret until now. The announcement is expected to build excitement for the already hyped event.

The thrice-termly comedy night, hosted at the mature college, has gained a reputation for excellent stand-up, mixing together professional headliners with well received student comedians.

The headliner’s booking is likely to prove uncontroversial – the ‘Russell Howard isn’t actually funny’ Facebook page has 637 likes, whilst the comedian’s official one has 2.7 million. The Wolfson Howler page holds its own with a sturdy 437.

It’s expected that Howard will be testing new material in preparation for his UK stand-up tour, Wonderbox, in 2014. Rebecca, from Homerton, told The Tab “I’ve heard of him.”

Howard, whose BBC 3 show Russell Howard’s Good News mixes together topical stand-up and funny videos he’s found on Youtube, is by far the largest name Wolfson Howler have pulled in to headline (though he has performed at the Howler before). Previous acts to perform include Tim Key, John Robbins and Milton Jones.

We can also announce that Tab favourite Ken Cheng, who bears an uncanny resemblance to former Tab columnist Mark Liu, will also be performing.

Tickets cost £5 and doors open ay 8pm. Get in line.