Wei-Ying And Alice Set To Jail-break WORLD RECORD

Team 19 look like they are going to make Jailbreak history!

Jailbreak sydney World record

One of the teams on this year’s RAG Jailbreak is set to break the world record for the longest distance travelled in a charity hitch.

Wei-Ying Chen and Alice Boughton, two students at Jesus College, are set to arrive in Sydney, Australia at 8.40pm, having made a stopover in Singapore on the way.

The pair used corporate contacts to secure the trip of a life time and to potentially become Jailbreak legends. It’s also Australia Day today, which seems fitting!

This is what they had to say to us:

“The Australians are going crazy for Jailbreak, fundraising some Aussie dollars atm!”

“Collecting Singapore dollars, Aussie dollars, everyone is on wifi watching the Jailbreak map from the airport!”

“Experience has been so surreal, not going to believe it till we see the Harbour bridge! Got our collection buckets ready to use for sandcastles and blagged a free ride into the city, bring on Australia day!”

This is what Wikipedia had to say about the previous record: “Durham University holds the world record for the competition; in November 2010, Thomas Cox made Jailbreak history when he and his partner Dave Binns made it to Sydney in under 36 hours. However, because the pair organised their flights before the event, regardless of whether they paid or not, many believe that this was not a true example of a charity hitchhike.[16]”

The pair had planned to raise £500 for the RAG charities, but surely, after such an incredible achievement, they deserve more than that.

Show them some support and donate HERE.

But, with their arrival set for 8.40pm, they only have 20 minutes leeway if they are to make Jailbreak history. Will they? Won’t they? Stay tuned on our Jailbreak live blog. You don’t want to miss this.