CSW: Celebrity Model Sophie Turner to Judge

Catwalk comes to Cambridge

Cambridge fashion model sophie turner style

This Sunday 11th November all aspiring models have the unique chance to get on the catwalk. There will be an open casting call searching for models to strut down the catwalk during Cambridge Style Week.

The casting call will take place from 2.45pm-4pm at the 12a Club, near Market Square. The only requirement is that girls need to be 5’8 and boys 5’11. So if you’ve got long legs, get yourself down there.

Competitors will need to wear black, and be ready to have their headshot taken and to catwalk in front of the judges. The judges will be Lorraine Warne, examining competitors’ public speaking skills; Debbie Wallwork, looking at their ease with the camera; Anna Pilkowska, judging their professionalism on the runway; and of course Sophie Turner.

International model Sophie Turner will be the head judge and in the event of a tie, the vote will fall to her. Having modelled worldwide and pursued an academic career in Law, she is the perfect judge to find the hidden models of Cambridge.

Cambridge Style Week’s mission is to innovate, inform, and inspire. They aim to do this not only by giving a platform for the students of Cambridge to get involved in the fashion industry, but also by supporting the anti-trafficking charity Born to be Beautiful.

This Cambridge based charity gives beauty training and skills to women in abject poverty, giving them a means to support themselves where they have been denied any other form of education. It helps them to develop keys skills, including literacy, needed to work. CSW is also in association with Catwalk Cambridge, Girl Meets Dress, and Velvet Magazine.

If you want to innovate, inform, and inspire, then check out the casting call this weekend. But if modelling isn’t for you, there is still the launch party at Life to celebrate Cambridge Style Week, in association with Jack Wills, on Thursday 15th. Tickets will be available at standard price from college reps and in the new Jack Wills store – we are expecting tickets to sell very quickly so get yours early to avoid missing out!