Fashion Crush: Dusky Pale Pink

We step into spring and take a gander at the shade of the season: silky soft pastel pink, in all its girlie and chic-and-stylish glory.

chanel how to spring

Chanel Couture, Spring 2010

This season the catwalks were full of silky soft pastel shades, most notably at Chanel's spring couture show. Now the high street has finally caught up, so everyone can affordably embrace romantic pale pinks. But how to take this look off the runway and wear it in a real way? Firstly, don't be scared off by the girlie connotations: although it is wonderful to totally embrace the whimsical pink-ness of it all (and you know you want to, what with it being the first day of spring), a small injection of dusky pink is in fact incredibly chic, especially in high-quality fabrics or accessories (leather gloves, silk scarves, chiffon dresses– you get the drift). Mix up a floaty pink skirt with a neatly tailored blazer and some rock 'n' roll accessories, or work a face of really girlie makeup (doll-like eyes, blush, pink lips), with some mean-looking heels and an edgy dress. Or indulge your inner fairy princess like Chanel and wear the dress, the lashes, and a hair bow. It's the perfect look for spring and a great way to break into a summer wardrobe again (if only the weather would catch up)!

So embrace your inner lady and welcome in the spring: you know you want to.

Click the image above for details.