Bristol SU Elections Results night CANCELLED due to Coronavirus fears

Results will be published on the SU website

In an email sent to all candidates Bristol SU said, “in light of the developing situation around Coronavirus”, they have decided to cancel the Elections Results Night event that was due to take place this evening at the Balloon Bar.

They said that this decision was made “based on the guidance being given to us and the general public”, although did not specify what this guidance is, and where it has come from.

This comes one day after the first case of Coronavirus at Bristol Uni was confirmed in Orchard Heights, and the news that vulnerable students will be moved out of the hall of residence.

The SU said that those running to be Faculty Reps, Chairs of Networks, and Student Trustee will find out the results by email from 6pm.

The result of the referendum on affiliation with the NUS (National Union of Students) will also be sent to the leaders of both campaigns by email from 6pm.

According to a separate email from the SU, those running for Full Time Officer roles will be informed of the results in person between 5:15pm and 5:45pm tonight, depending on which role they are running for.

For Coronavirus updates from Bristol Uni, CLICK HERE TO SEE THEIR FAQ PAGE