Just 10 things you should never ever do as a Bournemouth student
I see you thinking about it
You’ve survived the hectic ‘moving out to uni’ period, but learning how to navigate student life in a new city is yet another challenge.
Though its pretty certain you’ll have the best time at BU, heading into the new year may be a little daunting. That’s why we’ve made a 10 point list of carefully curated ‘don’ts’ to make sure your time goes as smoothly as possible.
1. Don’t let anyone talk you into going up to the apiary
Yep, that’s right. There’s bees up there. And it’s on the roof.
2. Don’t spend all your time at one campus
This one’s a personal one. As a Talbot girlie, I have no idea what’s going on in Lansdowne. Maybe it’s time to go and explore.
3. Don’t hang around the AUB building
You’ll realise it’s actually much nicer.
4. Don’t buy medium pizza from Dylan’s
£6 and it’s tiny.
5. Don’t rely on Brightspace
Regardless of how your lecturers hype it up, it is your worst enemy. If someone tells you they know how to navigate it, they’re lying.
6. Don’t talk about how much you love Buffalo
It smells like a gym changing room and wants to charge for cocktails like it’s Aruba.
7. Don’t miss out on going to the beach
No, seriously, living this close to the sea is a blessing.
8. Don’t don’t bring your car
The parking pass is over expensive and there’s never any room.
9. Don’t buy a gym membership if you’re not a sports student
Let’s be real, you’ll go once and then forget about it. Instead, get the pay as you go and you won’t end up wasting money.
10. Don’t say you’re not going to buy another Starbucks
That coffee cup in your hand tells us you’re lying.
Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @thetabbournemouth on Instagram or The Tab Bournemouth on Facebook.
Related articles recommended by this author:
• From Mary Shelley to Brass Haus: The ultimate Bournemouth pub crawl route
• • The Bournemouth Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!