birmingham university ranking 2022

The University of Birmingham rises five places to 20 in league tables

The Times Good University Guide now places UoB at 20th in the UK

This morning, The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023 was released to the public, ranking the University of Birmingham 20th out of 132 universities in the UK for 2022.

This means the uni has risen by five places from last year to tie with the University of Sheffield. Brum beats the University of Leeds and the University of Manchester in the rankings, but is behind the University of Aberdeen.

The quality of teaching was rated at 71.3 per cent, and at 70.4 per cent for the student experience. The uni also achieved 88.3 per cent of degrees at a First or 2:1. Brum is rated 10th for Research Quality and 18th for Graduate Prospects.

Birmingham was ranked 100 out of 116 universities in the Social Inclusion Ranking for England and Wales, also conducted by The Times & The Sunday Times. This takes into account non-grammar state school admissions (70.6 per cent), ethnic minority students (34.1 per cent), first-generation students (32.6 per cent) and more.

birmingham university ranking 2022

Four Birmingham subjects were ranked in the top five; American Studies (four), Chemical Engineering (five), History of art, architecture and design (four) and Liberal Arts (five).

History of art, architecture and design and Dentistry had the highest satisfaction with teaching quality, with both at 82 per cent. At the other end of the table, Law had 66.1 per cent teaching satisfaction and Nursing was the lowest with 45.6 per cent.

The whole league table published in 2022 and full ranking for Birmingham University, including details on how results were compiled, can be found on The Times’ website.

Related articles recommended by this writer