Here’s all the latest reopening plans for the best nights out in Brum

Let’s face it we all deserve a proper night out

After months of lockdown, and not being able to see our friends, we are patiently waiting for a time when we can all be partying and living our best lives again. Well, since Boris’ roadmap out of lockdown was released, venues across Birmingham have already announced their reopening plans for the best nights out from 21 June, when some ‘normality’ will hopefully be restored.

Some venues are even planning to run sit-down events from 18 May onwards, as from this point in time, groups of up to six people and two households will be allowed to meet indoors, however this will be restricted to table service only.

Here’s a rundown of what you can look forward to, as venues are already getting sold out for June.

Fab N’ Fresh- 21 June

Fab N’ Fresh, which is hosted in the Guild is normally converted into a late-night venue, full of anthems and VKs throughout the university term. However, this year students have missed out on those unforgettable nights at Fab.  The reopening of Fab N’ Fresh has been speculated for a while now, on 3 March the first news on its reopening emerged.

The first Fab N’ Fresh post lockdown is aiming to take place on 21 June, with tickets and further information to be released soon.

Sports Night- Wednesday 23 June

Alongside Fab N’ Fresh, UoB also hosts its official Sports Night at the Guild. This event is aiming to take place on Wednesday 23 June. You should have enough time to recover from Fab N Fresh by then.

Stuesday: The Return, Tuesday 22 June

A favourite night out among Birmingham students, Players bar is normally converted into a late night venue for it’s weekly Stuesday event.

We all know that you are desperate to get back to this bar, unfortunately folks this venue is already sold out for its reopening night on 22 June. However, Players’ are running sit-down events from 18 May onwards and tickets for these sit-down nights out can be found here.

These sit down events will be Covid-secure with table-service only and guests will be required to sit on a table of up to six people as long as you are all in the same bubble.

Nightingales- 21 June reopening

Nightingale’s which is centered in the heart of Birmingham’s gay village, retweeted the government’s roadmap out of lockdown. Under these current plans, Step 4 permits the reopening of all nightclubs and larger events.

Birmingham’s oldest and largest LGBT venue can’t wait to reopen its doors to its guests, in the past the club has hosted performances from the cast of Rupaul’s Drag Race UK to Alexandra Burke.

The reactions for Gales’ reopening have been iconic, people can’t wait to dance to hits that have been released during the pandemic, including the likes of Gaga, Kylie and anthems from the latest series of Rupaul’s Drag Race UK.

Lab 11- Friday 25 – Sunday 27 June

The venue is planning to reopen in June, for a 30-hour rave full of live dance music.

LAB 11 is planning their “largest ever weekend programme” of events to celebrate reopening post Covid.

The venue were fined £10, 000 in October for breaking COVID rules. The Digbeth nightclub, voted “Best UK Club Venue”, has raised over £35, 000 through their #SAVELAB11 crowdfunding campaign.

However, Boris Johnson commented during his announcement for a roadmap out of lockdown, he would be driven by ‘data not dates’, so these dates may not be set in stone and could change.

Related stories recommended by the writer

Snobs is reopening, but only with sit-down events

•Every Brum student will be getting a UoB-branded face mask in September

•Which pubs in Selly are open?