Cadbury’s Dairy Milk production is returning to Birmingham with a £15 million investment

The investment will produce 125 million extra bars at Bournville

Undoubtedly, one of the most loved chocolate bars there is, the iconic Dairy Milk bar produced by Cadbury’s will be produced at new production lines at the Bournville site. Currently the bars are being produced across Europe, but now the production will return to its original home at Bournville.

The increased investment of £15 million will produce a further 125 million chocolate bars at the factory in Birmingham.

Despite the move back to the UK, a minority of the chocolate bars will still be produced in other countries across Europe including Germany, Poland, Hungary and Ireland.

The Prime Minister Boris Johnson was pleased with the news of the bars being produced back in the UK. The PM tweeted out the news on Thursday evening to his 3.3 million Twitter followers.

Louise Stigant, the UK Managing Director of parent company Mondelēz International, told BirminghamLive the investment includes £11 million for the new line itself and an additional £4 million to boost production of “chocolate mass to meet current demand and anticipate future needs.”

The complex isn’t just a place for chocolate making, Cadburys World has been an ideal day out for brum uni students to take their parents when they come and visit.

Over 500,00 people visit the site each year, The visitor centre was opened in 1991 by the then Prime Minister John Major. In recent years attractions at Bournville include a 4D Cinema experience and a ride on the Beanmobile.

However, due to the pandemic Cadburys World is temporarily closed until further notice and tickets for the 2021 season are currently not available to purchase.

Stories recommended by this writer:

All the famous people you had no idea went to Birmingham Uni

Snobs is reopening, but only with sit-down events 

All of the restaurants within one mile of UoB involved in the Eat Out To Help Out scheme