Snoop’s upside ya head: Doggfather set to take Brum by storm

Just when you thought he’d run out of names, DJ Snoopadelic comes to Birmingham

It looks like the UoB crowd  will be getting their G-funk on this June, when Snoop Dogg ventures out of the California kennel and onto Broad Street.

Snoop will be headlining at Gatecrasher on June 5th, and it looks set to be one to remember.

With the main man making his DJ debut in the Midlands, it appears that he’s finally come to realise that California livin’ just doesn’t compare to Brum’s own Broad Street.

“Man I can’t wait for Broad St”

Perhaps Snoop thought a trip to Birmingham was too good to be true, after a wave of Birmingham’s recent ganja related news caught his scent?

Following a recent bizarre youtube video to a Cardiff farmer (of the vegetable variety), Snoop may actually believe that the “grass” really is greener over here on the other side.

Regardless of his reasons, Snoop’s big Brum arrival promises to be a once in a life time opportunity to get up close to the man who “put the funk in G-funk”

… Whatever that means.

Maybe he’s just back for some crop related advice?

It looks like Snoop’s headline performance at Gatecrasher may also be quite an unusual spectacle for his standards.

Amongst his classics such as ‘Drop it like it’s hot’, Snoop is likely to be bringing a new dimension to the party, following his newfound love for Euro Techno music.

After releasing his first DJ mix Loose Joints, Volumes 1&2 earlier this year, you can certainly expect some West-coast, but don’t be surprised if there’s some East coast of the European variety too.

From Cali to Berlin

With only four confirmed dates for his UK tour, this may be your only chance to get close and personal with the big Dogg himself.

And with exam season finishing, what better time to head to Gatecrasher and let off some ‘steam’.

You can get your tickets here now.