BNOC 2015: Group One

They’re reasonably important

Over the past couple of weeks we compiled your nominations for QUB’s Big Name on Campus 2015. Now it’s time to vote.

There will be several rounds of four people with the winner of each round going into the BNOC 2015 final.

Now is your chance to change the life of one Queen’s legend.

Vote wisely.

Mannix Mcalister

AKA Scooter Boy.

Second year RA Mannix Mcalister made his claim to fame last year with nothing but a scooter and a dream.

His Wolf of Wall Street video dedicated to his micro-scooter has now over 4,500 views on Facebook and 3,000 views on Youtube.

During freshers he created a pseudo-personality called DJ McPlayer where he told girls that he was a DJ who opened at Funkarama in Thompson’s, and they believed him.

Sean McGirr

Actuary student and Original Factory Shops employee of the year 2014 – “No I’m afraid you can’t return this patio heater with a JD Sports receipt”, Sean McGirr can be found going around saying, “I’m kind of a big deal” up to 30-40 times a day. He’s kind of a big deal.

Beware though, he WILL add your ma on Facebook.

Ciaran Casey

Chemical Engineering second year Ciarán Casey, known affectionately as Headcase, was on the receiving end of a Yik Yak storm when some of his friends decided to take over the app completely with yaks about him.

The initial yak storm lasted about seven hours, although to this day Ciaran’s close friend Padraig Mac Cionnaith maintains has often been with him when he has been asked “are you that Yik Yak guy?”

Yes, yes he is.

Ryan McCarter

Ryan “MeCarter” McCarter has been proclaimed as the biggest geek of Software Engineering.

He’s described as the sort of person who sits in the lecture theatre coding away, supposedly not listening, then answers the lecturer’s questions which nobody else has a clue how to answer.

Ryan also loves to demonstrate at practicals for first and second years, and probably racks up more hours per week teaching than learning. And he still beats everyone in exams and assignments.