More than 70 per cent of Belfast students have been robbed in the past two years

Lock your bedroom windows!!

Do you still have all your possessions you proudly arrived with back in September? If the answer is no, you might not be alone.

New research from MoneySuperMarket has found Belfast has the highest number of student thefts across the UK.

The research found 71 per cent of students living in the city have had something stolen in the past two years.

The Tab previously revealed Holylands is fourth most dangerous student area in the country.

Measuring general crime, sexual assault and antisocial behaviour statistics from Police UK, we found there were on average 1,450 crimes a month in Holylands and 17,404 each year.

The majority of these were for antisocial behaviour rather than violence and sexual offences.

The statistics measured between May 2021 and April 2022 means the only student areas with a higher crime rate were in Liverpool, York and Sheffield.

Do you want to write articles like this? Do you want to uncover the biggest stories on campus? The Belfast Tab is looking for new writers and we want you! To find out about how to join the team, DM us on Instagram @thebelfasttab