Basically everyone at QUB is sick right now

It’s the time of year that everyone gets sick. (Hangovers don’t count)

cold flu hot whiskey mumps pain sick student

Fresher’s flu, the common cold, aches and pains, and general exhaustion from uni work is starting to build up.

The only benefit of being a sick student is the ability to whine about it on every type of social media.

Oh, and the fact we can skip class with a legitimate excuse.

Rebecca Devlin, Social Work student, currently can’t eat without being sick. She says:

“I don’t actually know what’s wrong with me, but I can’t sleep because of it even though I’m constantly exhausted.

When I eat I get full up too fast then vomit, and go off food for a few days.”

This is unfortunate given the amount of Chinese food her housemates consume.

Congealed curry and cold chicken balls is the last thing you want when you feel like you’re dying.

Don’t touch me, I’m contagious

Caolán McDonald has the same problem.

He’s suffering from a sore neck and doctors said it may be the mumps;

“I freaked out because symptoms of the mumps are welling and pain in your glands, and they don’t know if that’s definitely what it is.

I’ve been sitting with a pink polka dot hot water bottle on my neck for the last three days until we find out more. I swear it isn’t mine.”

Sweet look bro

Waiting for taxis outside nightclubs on cold, rainy nights can’t help either.

Soaked to the bone while only wearing a dress that just about covers your bits will inevitably leave you with the sniffles for days to come.

Self-inflicted? Or worth it for that boy you pulled who you were convinced was ‘the one’?

Because sitting on the soaking wet grass in bare legs will help everything when drunk and freezing.

One thing is for sure; everyone should be stocking up on Lemsips and Beechams cold & flu tablets… a hot whiskey here or there can’t hurt either.

And tea. Always tea.