Aberystwyth named UK’s safest town

Another day, another prize

The awards just keep on rolling in for our little town, proving it is the best place in the UK to live; this time for safety.

Business Insider UK recently announced Aberystwyth is the safest city (even though we’re a town) in the entire country, following results from a Provident Personal Credit survey.

Provident followed up their friendliest city survey and asked thousands of people how they rate their home-town in terms of safety, from 1 to 10, with 1 being the worst possible score.

Aber scored a whopping 8.30 out of 10 on the safety scale smashing second place Worcester who only managed to secure a measly 7.63. Ranked in accordance with crime statistics as well as the opinions of those surveyed our little town trumped them all.

There’s nowhere safer

This probably doesn’t come as a surprise to many of us having recently been voted the UK’s friendliest town, most-Europhillic, hug-friendly and being crowned the UK’s Greatest Town in 2014 following the severe winter storms.

It would also appear that Wales is the place to be for safety with Wrexham winning 3rd place with a score of 7.60 and Swansea snatching joint 14th with Norwich after they both scored 7.18.

Coupled with the universities steady rise back into the top 200 of European universities and a continuing upward trend of academic performance Aber has never given us more reason to be proud that we live here.