Aberystwyth ranked friendliest town in the UK

Winning all the titles with cwtches and smiles

Once again, Aberystwyth has made headlines by being such a great place to live. This time we’ve been named the friendliest town in a survey by loan company Provident.

After being named the most hug-friendly and Europhile place in the UK, Aber is now scoring high in terms of its welcoming, friendly nature.

The recent survey asked almost 3,000 people around the country about their community spirit and Mid Wales is clearly the place to live.

Aber just screams friendly

Scoring 7.7 out of 10, our little town topped categories for the most welcoming and the most polite places in the entire country. We’re also the most likely to greet people on the street with 89 per cent of residents surveyed saying they say “hello” to people on the street regularly.

With a strong sense of community, stunning scenery and always buzzing with life, it may not be surprising to many of us that our town has a nationwide reputation for charm and friendliness.

Other Welsh towns also made the list, with Wrexham and Swansea coming second and eighth respectively, but as always Aber proves itself to be the best places in Wales, if not the entire country.

Sunsets and friendly people

The survey does not explain why Aber is the most friendly place on the island, however with us being the most cwtch-friendly community already who opens its doors to hundreds of international students and embraces the pro-EU spirit at the moment, it does not surprise that our town scores high in this survey as well.

Aber appears to be an open, modern community, nevermind the beautiful scenery, dancing starlings and sunsets you can see every day.

So take advantage of asking your neighbour for sugar because the odds only get worse once you leave.