We rated ourselves as some of the happiest students in the country

We do love to smile

aber uni aberystwyth alternative league table happiest students happy party animals student money saver

We’re the sixth happiest students in the UK, and we think we’re more intelligent than the idiots at Cardiff.

Alternative league tables compiled by Student Money Saver reveal we gave ourselves a 4.2 rating out of five for how happy we are.

We also rated ourselves 3.6 for how cleverness, placing us above our fellow Welsh uni, Cardiff.

This is followed by a sweet victory over Bangor for the nicest students, where we scored 3.425.

Pure happiness

We scored ourselves a high 3.2 on the humour scale, while only rating ourselves a 2.9 for beauty – which is actually in the top 25 per cent across the country, so we’d hate to see what others have to offer.

30 per cent of us admitted to throwing up or urinating all over someone’s house and not cleaning it up, and a fifth said they had, or planned to, set off fire alarms in halls.

Most disappointedly is our self recognition of the party animals within, as only 20 per cent of the Aber population apparently hold the title. They must be nutters for Aber to be the third booziest uni in the UK.

Where are all the party animals?

James Felton from Student Money Saver told The Tab: “Conventional university league tables give a great indication of the academic side of universities, but what they don’t tell you is what your life is going to be like, and who you’ll be spending your years of university with.

“People at Oxford are smart, but are they happy? Are students at Cambridge nice human beings, or the kind of people who set fire alarms off in halls at 3am just before major exams?

“There isn’t really this kind of data anywhere, so we decided to collect it, to give students a brief (and unconventional) look at the types of people they should expect to meet at the UK’s top universities, and to seek out where the nicest, happiest and most disgusting people in the UK choose to go to university.”

Aber comes out on top for this one.